Monday, August 6, 2012

1st Day of 360* Training

Today was the first day of my 360* training at the Maine Human Rights Center. It was intense, but very informative. I learned about how Hitler came to power, which was told by a Holocaust historian. We then had some training on the Echos and Reflection manual and website. The website will take some playing with to see all of the resources, but I am able to sign up my classes to have them watch certain videos or do certain activities. We also have a presenter from Yad Vashem organization, which is based in Israel. She truly is a wealth of knowledge. We ended the day beginning to discuss the Final Solution, not exactly a uplifting topic but necessary to understand the Holocaust. Four more days of this training, which I see myself getting a lot out of but it is exhausting to think about this topic all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment