Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Day Ended Well!



Okay not a great day at training. We focused a lot on bullying and harassment, which we are now to call the bully the perpetrator and the victim the target. I learned some new information/techniques in the first session of the day but after that my day was a bit monotone. I have a hard time sitting and just listening- not typing or interacting with conversation, which is what we did for the rest of the day. Charles Rotmill, a Holocaust survivor who presented by Skype to the 8th grade class last year, presented to us at the end of the day. I loved hearing some stories that he did not share with the students, such as who his father's girlfriend was after they lost his mother and hearing him play the harmonica- beautiful! At dinner I had a great conversation about life, history, and beliefs with Charles and a student taking this training, Nicole from the University of Farmington. When I came home (really the motel) I logged onto my email to find that my project on Donors Choose was fully funded! I will be receiving four iPod's for the classroom with splitters (for multiple headphone use)! I am excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment