Friday, September 14, 2012

Student Choices

I went to a conference yesterday and my students decided to loose control over their usual norm behavior. I was so disappointed, frustrated, and upset about this. I even had a couple of students email me in the afternoon telling me how frustrated s/he was due to the noise in the room and not being able to work. Additionally, a student was videotaped fooling around in class by throwing gummies in his mouth. This is something that I will never understand- why do people insist on videotaping themselves doing things s/he should not be to show the world and not think s/he will be caught? Anyways, it was an eventful day today with my students and my discussions of disappointments in their behavior and lack of work. How am I going to be able to go to a conference in November for 4-days?

No comments:

Post a Comment